General Plan 2025
Every 10 to 20 years, towns, cities, and counties throughout Arizona and the Southwest revisit their general plans to ensure that an up-to-date connection exists between residents' values, visions, and objectives; State law; and the physical development of their community. In 2011, the Town of Prescott Valley initiated an update process for the Prescott Valley General Plan 2025 - A Community Blueprint for the Future.
Drafts of the updated chapters of the General Plan 2025 were presented to the Planning and Zoning Commission for review in work-study sessions from August to November 2011 and copies were also posted on the Town website for public comment. All meetings were noticed in the newspaper and via numerous alternate media outlets including a web portal on the Town's website to enable citizen participants to view plan related materials and make comment on same.
The updated planning elements are now completed in final form for General Plan 2025. State law requires a 60-day agency review period that began May 1, 2012 and ended July 1, 2012. Additionally, prior to the Mayor and Council's consideration of the General Plan, the Planning Commission held 2 public hearings, July 9, 2012 at 3 p.m. in the Prescott Valley Courtroom and at 5:30 p.m. at the Prescott Valley Library Auditorium.
The adoption of the General Plan is required to be approved by affirmative vote of at least two-thirds of the members of the Mayor and Council. A public hearing for the General Plan 2025 "final draft" was approved by the Town Council at the August 9, 2012 meeting. The adopted General Plan 2025 was submitted to the voters for ratification at the regularly scheduled municipal election on March 12, 2013, which it passed.
General Plan 2025 - Adopted August 9, 2012 - Ratified March 12, 2013
The General Plan 2025 will be made available to the public in a number of mediums, including the Town's website, the public information television channel, as well as in hard copy format and on CDs, which are available at selected locations and upon request.
- General Plan 2025 Credits and Table of Contents (PDF)
- General Plan 2025 Chapter 1: Introduction (PDF)
- General Plan 2025 Chapter 2: Vision and Guiding Principles (PDF)
- General Plan 2025 Chapter 3: Growth Areas (PDF)
- General Plan 2025 Chapter 4: Land Use (PDF)
- General Plan 2025 Chapter 5: Housing (PDF)
- General Plan 2025 Chapter 6: Circulation (PDF)
- General Plan 2025 Chapter 7: Environmental Planning and Water Resources (PDF)
- General Plan 2025 Chapter 8 :Recreation and Open Space Element (PDF)
- General Plan 2025 Chapter 9: Cost of Development (PDF)
- General Plan 2025 Chapter 10: Economic Development (PDF)
- General Plan 2025 Chapter 11: Administration (PDF)
- General Plan 2025 Chapter 12: Implementation Strategies (PDF)