Arts and Culture
Artistic Growth & Community Participation
The Arts and Culture Division of the Prescott Valley Parks and Recreation Department advances the arts by providing distinct opportunities for community participation and artistic growth. The Arts and Culture Division strives to advance the department’s mission of building a greater, more wholesome and enriching community together through people, parks and programs dedicated to the core values of creativity, excellence, integrity and service. The Division is also guided by the Prescott Valley Arts and Culture Commission who advises the Town Council on matters pertaining to the visual and performing arts.
How can you help build the arts community in Prescott Valley
- Attend a meeting of the Arts and Culture Commission
- Volunteer as an arts aide in a local school
- Voice your opinion to the Town Council at a council meeting
- Register as an artist or performing group
- Are you an artist, musician, storyteller, historian, writer, actor, dancer, spoken word artist, painter or an otherwise creative/knowledgeable person who would like to showcase your work, ability or group at a community meeting? If so, we desire to know potential presenters for our speaker series and would love to add your contact information and program ideas to our database.
The Town of Prescott Valley Arts and Culture Commission meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month. We offer a single 15 minute segment per month to presenters/performers during our locally televised monthly commission meetings. Past speaker topics have included: woodworking, floral arrangement, opera singer, dancers, painters, and the list goes on. If you are interested in sharing your information with us, please contact our Arts & Culture Coordinator, Isabella Chewning at 928-759-3127.
If you have questions or require more information on Arts and Culture services please contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 759-3090 or email Parks and Recreation.